Friday, May 7, 2010

Pizza

2 days ago I made a tasty pizza all from scratch! Well, I didn't make the pepperoni or cheese but I made the rest of it myself. I made the following dough:

2.5 c flour
1 c. warm water
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt (this is the halved amount because I am trying to keep my salt intake low)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp basil

Mix the water, honey, oil and yeast in a big bowl. Let sit for about 10 minutes to activate the yeast. Mix salt, flour and other seasonings together and then add half a cup at a time to the water, mixing between half cups. Knead and leave in oiled bowl to rise for about 90 minutes. Spread on pizza pan and cover in sauce (see sauce recipe earlier) and other tastiness and bake for 13-15 minutes.

Because this came out so good I made a double batch of the dough yesterday and made tasty italian rolls out of it and then saved half to make another pizza tonight! Last night we did steak and mashed potatoes for dinner with a side of veggies and we took the rolls to much on today at work. Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment